This is our weekly roundup of links for 9/23/2019-9/27/2019 from around the web. We hope you find the following articles helpful to your growth in godliness.
Our writing team writes all over the internet for a variety of publications like Desiring God, TGC, and much here.
- What Does Guard Your Heart Mean in the Bible? by Dave Jenkins over at Christianity.com https://www.christianity.com/bible/what-does-guard-your-heart-mean-in-the-bible.html
- Jonah Couldn’t Get Away by Russ Meek over at For the Church. https://ftc.co/resource-library/blog-entries/jonah-couldnt-get-away
- Why I Downplay Homeschool When I talk with People by Katie Faris over at TGC. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/downplay-homeschooling/
- Beware of Taking Your Sorrows to Alcohol Before God by Christine Chappell over at TGC. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/beware-taking-sorrows-alcohol-god/
- Where the Gospel Meets Motherhood by Glenna Marshall over at TGC. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/reviews/gospel-meets-risen-motherhood/
- How Would Jesus Progress by Paola Barrera over at Fathom Magazine. https://www.fathommag.com/stories/how-would-jesus-progress
- Wait! What (Not) to Ask When Hope is Deferred by Glenna Marshall over at TGC. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/wait-ask-hope-deferred/
The top ten most read articles and media content on our website this past week.
- Thomas Kidd- Who is an Evangelical: The History of a Movement in Chaos https://servantsofgrace.org/thomas-kidd-who-is-an-evangelical-the-history-of-a-movement-in-chaos/
- Women’s Hope Podcast returns with Dr. Shelbi Cullen and Kimberly Cummings https://servantsofgrace.org/womens-hope-podcast-returns/
- Balance In Pastoring by Andy Cain https://servantsofgrace.org/balance-in-pastoring/
- Neighbor Evangelism by Tim Shorey https://servantsofgrace.org/neighbor-evangelism/
- Four Scriptures to Read When You’re Dealing with Lack of Assurance by Lara D’Entremont https://servantsofgrace.org/four-scriptures-to-read-when-youre-dealing-with-lack-of-assurance/
- The Meaning and Relevance of Psalm 139 and What It Means to Be Fearfully and Wonderful Made by Dave Jenkins https://servantsofgrace.org/the-meaning-and-relevance-of-psalm-139-and-what-it-means-to-be-fearfully-and-wonderful-made/
- Something Needs to Change – David Platt reviewed by David Steele https://servantsofgrace.org/something-needs-to-change-david-platt/
- Not Home Yet – Ian K. Smith https://servantsofgrace.org/not-home-yet-ian-k-smith/
- Apostolic Fellowship by Dave Jenkins https://servantsofgrace.org/apostolic-fellowship/
- Remembering the Poor by Dave Jenkins https://servantsofgrace.org/remembering-the-poor/
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.