This is our weekly roundup of links for 11/11/2019-11/16/2019 from around the web. We hope you find the following articles helpful to your growth in godliness.
Our writing team writes all over the internet for a variety of publications like Desiring God, TGC, and much here.
- How to Talk to Your Depressed Child by Christine Chappell over at TGC. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/talk-depressed-child/
- Developing the Intellect by Michael Cooper over at Preaching Source. http://preachingsource.com/blog/developing-the-intellect/
The top ten most-read articles and media content on our website this past week.
- Thomas Kidd- America’s Religious History: Faith, Politics, and the Shaping of a Nation https://servantsofgrace.org/thomas-kidd-americas-religious-history-faith-politics-and-the-shaping-of-a-nation/
- Four Practical Ways to Connect with the Older Generation in Your Church by Taylor Cain https://servantsofgrace.org/four-practical-ways-to-connect-with-the-older-generation-in-your-church/
- Fighting Pastoral Covetousness with Contentment in Christ by Darryl Dash https://servantsofgrace.org/fighting-pastoral-covetousness-with-contentment-in-christ/
- O Sweetest Exchange in Christ Alone by Drew Cox https://servantsofgrace.org/o-sweetest-exchange-in-christ-alone/
- The Yoke that Gives Us Freedom by Paola Barrera https://servantsofgrace.org/the-yoke-that-gives-us-freedom/
- Get Ready for Preaching through the Incarnation and the Second Coming by Mike Milton https://servantsofgrace.org/get-ready-for-preaching-through-the-incarnation-and-the-second-coming/
- Cast Out the Slave Master by Russ Meek https://servantsofgrace.org/cast-out-the-slave-master/
- Living Next Door to Urkel by Cassie Langford https://servantsofgrace.org/living-next-door-to-urkel/
- Emblems of the Infinite King by J. Ryan Lister reviewed by David Steele https://servantsofgrace.org/emblems-of-the-infinite-king-by-j-ryan-lister/
- The Importance of Encouragement in the Christian Life https://servantsofgrace.org/the-importance-of-encouragement-in-the-christian-life/
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.