Over the month of January we’ve considered the topic of prayer here at Servants of Grace. The purpose of this series has been to help you, our readers to think through what prayer is and how you can improve your prayer life.
This series has been designed with one goal to help you our readers improve your prayer life this year. Since we (the writers writing on this topic) know how hard it can be to spend time in prayer ourselves—we wanted to focus a whole month on this topic not only for the benefit of our readers but to press in this particular area of our lives as well. As we conclude this series with this recap, I want to encourage you if you missed any of these posts to check them out, or revisit them if you haven’t.
I hope this series has encouraged you, exalted in Jesus, has helped you grow in discipline of prayer, and the grace of God.
Here are the articles in order:
- John Owen on the Work of the Holy Spirit by Brian Hedges
- The Lord’s Prayer: Fundamentals of Prayer by C. Walter
- The Practice of Private Prayer by Chris Poblete
- The Practice of Corporate Prayer by Chris Poblete
- Four Keys to a consistent and purposeful prayer life by Mike Boling
- The Importance of Prayer in Counseling by David Dunham
- Seeking God’s Presence Within the Loneliness of Prayer by Matthew Fretwell
- Prayer and the Grace of God by Dave Jenkins
- The Four Functions of Prayer by Joey Cochran
- Seven Ways to Pray for Persecuted Christians by Chris Poblete
- God Our Father by Mathew Sims
- The Importance of Theology to Prayer by David Dunham
- Prayer: A Precious Remedy Against the Flesh’s Devices by Jason Garwood
- Five Things I’ve Learned About Prayer by Brian Hedges
- The Importance of Spiritual Warfare and the power of Scripture by Dave Jenkins
- Seven Book Recommendations on Prayer by Dave Jenkins
- Three Critical Truths about the Sovereignty of God and Prayer by Brian Hedges
- Union with Christ and Prayer by Joey Cochran
- Five People we Should Pray For Even Thought We Don’t Want To by Dan Darling
- Some great thoughts on intercessory prayer by Charles Spurgeon
- Prayer that starts with God by Dan Darling
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.