Over the month of December, we have posted many articles here at Servants of Grace as part of a series on the person and work of Christ. The purpose of this series is to help our readers this holiday season to think through the doctrine of the person and work of Christ.
This series has aimed to help you grow not only in your knowledge of Christ and His work, but also how this particular doctrine is under attack. To this end, our contributors have aimed to help you understand who Christ is, what He has done, and what He demands out of us today. As we conclude this series, I encourage you to check out these posts. Maybe you read one or more of them, or none of them. Either way, I pray that Christ will become more precious to you in 2015.
I hope this series has encouraged you, exalted in King Jesus, and has helped you grow in the grace of God.
Here are the articles in order:
1) How can Jesus be God and man? Part 1 by Matt Perman
2) How can Jesus be God and Man Part 2 by Matt Perman
3) How can Jesus be God and Man Final by Matt Perman
4) Three Critical Truths about Redemption by Brian Hedges
5) Christ and His Session by Nate Palmer
6) Christ’s Humanity is the Shape of our Salvation by Jonathan Tomes
7) Three Critical Truths about the Incarnation by Dave Jenkins
8) The Centrality of the Cross by Dave Jenkins
9) Understanding the Gospel: Justification by Matt Perman
10) What does the Bible Teach about the Incarnation? By Dave Jenkins
11) How to deal with guilt, condemnation, and shame with the gospel by Dave Jenkins
12) Humanity Participates in Divinity by Jonathan Tomes
13) Six Things Christ Accomplished in His Death by Matt Perman
14) Christ our Substitute by Dr. Thaddeus Williams
15) The Meaning of the Cross by Dr. Thaddeus Williams
16) Christ, Forgiveness, and the Cross by Dr. Thaddeus Williams
17) What is the doctrine of justification? By Matt Perman
18) Why Justification by Faith Alone is Necessary for Good Works by Matt Perman
19) The Death of Christ on the Cross by Dave Jenkins
20) Three Critical Truths about Propitiation by Chris Poblete
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.