This is our weekly roundup of links for 9/17/2018-9/22/2018 from around the web. We hope you find the following articles helpful to your growth in godliness.
Articles from Around the Internet:
- Holiness a new issue of Credo Magazine https://credomag.com/magazine_issue/holiness/
Our writing team writes all over the internet for a variety of publications like Desiring God, TGC, and much here.
- Raising A Family Far From Home by Stacy Reoach over at Desiring God. https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/raising-a-family-far-from-home
- Created to Rest by Lara d’Entremont over at Morning by Morning http://www.morningbymorning.org/2018/09/18/created-to-rest/
- The Idol of Approval from Man by Lara d’Entremont over at Whole Magazine http://www.wholemagazine.org/devotionals/the-idol-of-approval-from-man#disqus_thread
The top ten most read articles and media content on our website this past week.
- How to Set Up Your Desk: Basic Principles by Matt Perman https://servantsofgrace.org/how-to-set-up-your-desk-basic-principles/
- Bryan Chapell– Christ Centered Preaching Redeeming the Expository Sermon https://servantsofgrace.org/bryan-chapell-christ-centered-preaching-redeeming-the-expository-sermon/
- Introduction to Pastors’ Wife Series by Laura Lundgren https://servantsofgrace.org/introduction-to-pastors-wife-series/
- Depression, Anxiety, and the Christian Life: Practical Wisdom from Richard Baxter by Michael Lundy reviewed by Joey Tomlinson https://servantsofgrace.org/depression-anxiety-and-the-christian-life-practical-wisdom-from-richard-baxter-by-michael-lundy/
- Adopted, Through Jesus Christ by Justin Huffman https://servantsofgrace.org/adopted-through-jesus-christ/
- Even Better than Eden: Nine Ways the Bible’s Story Changes Everything about Your Story by Nancy Guthrie by Nancy Guthrie reviewed by Laura Lundgren https://servantsofgrace.org/even-better-than-eden-nine-ways-the-bibles-story-changes-everything-about-your-story-by-nancy-guthrie/
- A Puritan Theology and Approach to Prayer by Josh Mills https://servantsofgrace.org/a-puritan-theology-and-approach-to-prayer/
- Clothed in Humility: Following the Footsteps of Our Lord by Drew Cox https://servantsofgrace.org/clothed-in-humility-following-the-footsteps-of-our-lord/
- Troublesome Creek: A Treatment for Spiritual Depression by Mike Milton https://servantsofgrace.org/troublesome-creek-a-treatment-for-spiritual-depression/
- Benjamin Quinn—Every Waking Hour An Introduction to Work and Vocation as Christians https://servantsofgrace.org/benjamin-quinn-every-waking-hour-an-introduction-to-work-and-vocation-as-christians/
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.