On today’s Equipping You in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Dr. Benjamin Quinn discuss how Christians can learn to connect their faith to their work, how to deal with challenging situations in the workplace, along with his book with Walter Strickland, Every Waking Hour An Introduction to Work and Vocation as Christians (Lexham Press, 2016).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of every member ministry in the local church.
- How work is the hand that animates the glove of vocation.
- The importance of having a good balance between work and rest in the Christian life.
- Learning to deal with a difficult employee as a manager.
- Having good and clear expectations of volunteers and employees in ministry.
- Talking to your boss about issues in the workplace.
- Learning to deal with difficult situations with your manager as an employee.
- Advice for Pastors and Christians looking to connect their Christian faith to their work.
- The relationship between Kingdom, mission, discipleship and the Christian life.
- How Pastors can learn to equip the people of God in their day to day work.
About the Guest
Benjamin T. Quinn serves as associate dean for institutional effectiveness and assistant professor of theology and history of ideas at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and The College at Southeastern. Quinn received his PhD in theology from the University of Bristol, UK, and lives with his wife and three children in Wake Forest, NC.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.