This is our weekly roundup of links for 2/5/2018-2/10/2018 from around the web. We hope you find the following articles helpful to your growth in godliness.
Articles from Around the Internet:
- On Writing Books and Getting Published by Kevin DeYoung over at TGC. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/kevin-deyoung/writing-books-getting-published/
- 5 Reasons Christians Shouldn’t Be Cynical by Dan Dewitt over at The Good Book Company. https://www.thegoodbook.com/blog/interestingthoughts/2018/02/05/5-reasons-christians-shouldnt-be-cynical/
- Episode 24 of the For the Church Podcast: Jared C. Wilson talks with Costi Hinn. https://ftc.co/resource-library/podcast-episodes/episode-024-costi-hinn
- Do Evangelicals Have Theology to Offer the Public Square? A Conversation with Bruce Ashford. https://cpt.mbts.edu/podcast/do-evangelicals-have-theology-to-offer-the-public-square-a-discussion-with-bruce-ashford/
Our writing team writes all over the internet for a variety of publications like Desiring God, TGC, and much here.
1) The Gospel Implications of The Golden Rule by Justin Huffman over at GCD. http://gcdiscipleship.com/2018/02/04/the-gospel-implications-of-the-golden-rule/
2) Invite Someone to Sunday Lunch by Stacy Reoach over at Full and Well. https://fullandwellmagazine.com/invite-someone-to-sunday-lunch/
3) Do We Have to Forgive Someone If They Don’t Repent by Timothy Massaro over at Core Christianity. https://corechristianity.com/resource-library/articles/do-we-have-to-forgive-someone-if-they-dont-repent
4) When Your New Year’s Resolutions Have Flown Out the Window by Stacy Reoach over at FTC. https://ftc.co/resource-library/blog-entries/when-your-new-years-resolutions-have-flown-out-the-window
5) The Nearness of God in our Struggle with Sin by Christy Britton over at Morning by Morning. http://www.morningbymorning.org/2018/02/01/the-nearness-of-god-in-our-struggle-with-sin/
6) Extinguishing the Fire of Destructive Speech by Christina Fox over at For the Family. http://forthefamily.org/extinguishing-fire-destructive-speech/
Top Articles on Servants of Grace this week.
The top ten most read articles and media content on our website this past week.
- Engaging with God: A Foray into Prayer and Spiritual Warfare. https://servantsofgrace.org/theology-for-life/engaging-with-god-a-foray-into-prayer-and-spiritual-warfare/
- Episode 127- Moral Relativism, The Sexual Revolution and the Authority of Scripture. https://servantsofgrace.org/episode-127-moral-relativism-the-sexual-revolution-and-the-authority-of-scripture/
- The Discipline of Serving Others in the Christian Life by James Williams. https://servantsofgrace.org/discipline-serving-others-christian-life/
- What Is Man? by Justin Huffman. https://servantsofgrace.org/what-is-man/
- What John the Baptist’s Bullhorn Teaches us about the Good News? by David Schrock. https://servantsofgrace.org/john-baptists-bullhorn-teaches-us-good-news/
- The Story of Our Obedience by Christy Britton. https://servantsofgrace.org/the-story-of-our-obedience/
- The Battle for a Man’s Mind by David Prince. https://servantsofgrace.org/battle-mans-mind/
- The Single-Minded Law of God by Dave Jenkins. https://servantsofgrace.org/the-single-minded-law-of-god/
- Spiritual Pride: It’s Poison and Antidote in 1 Corinthians 8:1-3 by Mike Milton. https://servantsofgrace.org/spiritual-pride-its-poison-and-antidote-in-1-corinthians-81-13/
- The Grace of Confessing Sin by Nick Batzig. https://servantsofgrace.org/grace-confessing-sin/
Quote: “The true Christian hates sin, flees from it, fights against it, considers it his greatest plague.” -J.C. Ryle
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.