On today’s Equipping You in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Matt Perman discuss how the sufficiency affects how we approach the Christian life and ministry, and respond to attacks to the sufficiency of Scripture.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- A definition of the sufficiency of Scripture.
- How the sufficiency of Scripture helps Christians live before the face of God and for His glory.
- Implicit and explicit denials of the sufficiency of Scripture by how we live and behave.
- A consistent approach to the entirety of Scriptures.
- The biblical counseling movement and secular psychology.
- An orthodox view of Scripture and biblical counseling.
- The problem with scientism and evolution in light of a biblical worldview.
- How biblical convictions help Christians to develop a biblical worldview.
- The Roman Catholic Church and the sufficiency of Scripture.
- The sufficiency of Scripture and church history.
- The sufficiency of Scripture and knowing God’s will.
- The sufficiency of Scripture and growth in the grace of God.
- The sufficiency of Scripture, major life decisions, and seeking the advice of fellow godly Christians.
- The sufficiency of Scripture and the importance of daily Bible reading.
- The sufficiency of Scripture and life and ministry in the local church.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!