Over the month of March, we considered the topic of sin here at Servants of Grace. As we’ve looked at this topic, I’ve received a number of email’s and responses to this series in particular on how helpful it was. I appreciate those comments. We aim with each series to be biblical, personal, and practical.
The purpose of this series is to help our readers understand what sin is, how serious sin is, and how great the grace of God, who offers redemption to sinners from sin and new life in Christ.
Since the topic of sin is by and large neglected in the Church today—we wanted to focus a whole month on this topic, not only for the benefits of our readers, but to think through this particular topic for our own lives as well. As we conclude this series with this recap, I want to encourage you—if you missed any of these posts—check them out, or revisit them if you haven’t read any of them.
I hope this series has (or will) encouraged you, exalted in Jesus, and helped you grow in the discipline of holiness through the grace of God.
Here are the articles in order:
1) Sin and Biochemical Brokenness by David Dunham
2) Overcoming a Sinful Theology of Lent And Fasting by Zach Barnhart
3) Two Dangers and Three Duties in Confessing Sin to One Another by Nick Batzig
4) Indwelling Sin, Positional Sanctification, and Progressive Sanctification by Dave Jenkins
5) Living However You Want: A Look at Romans 6:1-2 by Dave Jenkins
6) The Biblical Evidence for Original Sin by Matt Perman
7) Four Thoughts on How Sin Does Its Work by Brian Hedges
8) Seven Ways to Wage War against Sin by Chris Poblete
9) Can Sin Exist in the Church? by Matthew Fretwell
10) Sin is No Friend by Jason Helopoulos
11) Series Killers, Hiding Sins, and the Glorious Hope of Forgiveness in Christ by Kevin Halloran
12) How To Walk In the Light and Deal with the Sin of Hatred by Mike Boiling
13) Despising and Embracing Temptation by Zach Barnhart
14) The Contagion of Sin by Brian hedges
15) Mortification: Seven Phases Along the Sin-Killing Continuum by Thaddaeus Williams
16) No More Conscious of Sin by Nick Batzig
17) The Imputation of Christ by Matt Perman
18) Crucified with Christ: How the Cross Kills Sin by Brian Hedges
19) What is the Biblical Evidence for the Imputation of Adam’s Sin? by Matt Perman
20) Envy by Mike Leake
21) Fleeing Worldliness and Pursuing Christ by Dave Jenkins
22) Dealing with Unrighteous and Righteous Anger in Our Lives by Dave Jenkins
23) What is the Difference Between Original Sin and Imputed Sin? by Matt Perman
24) Twenty-Six Recommended Books on Sin by Dave Jenkins
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.