Over the months of September and October, we have posted many articles here at Servants of Grace as part of a series titled “Marriage/Parenting.” The goal of this series has been to help those who are married but don’t have kids to continue to pursue each other and those who are married to excel at parenting by the grace of God.
Marriage and parenting is hard work. The gospel provides the foundation for a healthy marriage. As we conclude this series, I encourage you to look to Jesus– He is all that you need. The writers in this series have endeavored to help you focus your marriage on the gospel with a view to help you grow in the grace of God.
I hope this series has encouraged you, exalted in King Jesus, and has helped you grow in the grace of God.
Here are the articles in order:
1) Connecting The Church and Family by Dr. Brian Cosby
2) Logging Off is Hard to Do: The Proper Balance of Social Media and Godly Parenting by Michael Boling
3) Four Ways Churches Can Equip Families to Rehearse the Gospel by Mathew Sims
4) Communication & Marriage by Matthew Fretwell
5) 5 Mistakes Parents Make by Dan Darling
6) Ten Things Nobody Tells You About Being a Dad by Dan Darling
7) Husbands: Give Yourself to Your Wife by Mike Boling
8) 5 Ways Adult Children Can Honor Their Parents by Dan Darling
9) How to Love and Care for your wife by Dave Jenkins
10) 7 Reasons Husbands Should Pray for Their Wives by Mike Leake
11) Husbands, Love your wives like Christ by Craig Hurst
12) Interview with Greg Gibson on biblical manhood and ministry interview done by Dave Jenkins
13) Parenting With The Promise by Mathew Sims
14) 3 Vital Keys to a Healthy Marriage by Mathew Fretwell
15) Four Marriage Lessons from a Godly Grandmother by Zach Kendrick
16) Your family is not a problem to be solved by Dan Darling
17) How To Lead Family Devotions by Brian Hedges
18) Five Common Mistakes Christian Parents Make by Dan Darling
19) Forty powerful reasons to avoid pornography by Daniel Henderson
20) How We Do Family Worship by Dan Darling
21) Parents: Fight For Your Children by Mike Boling
22) Dealing with the Pornification of Society by Mike Boling
23) New Age Attacks on Children Through Cartoons by Mike Boling
24) Being Quick to Hear, Slow to Speak, and Slow to Anger by Mike Boling
25) Family Worship: Quick Tips for Shepherding Your Family by Mathew Sims
26) 8 Ways To Fight For Purity by Dave Jenkins
27) Jesus Is Better Than Marriage and Singleness by Mathew Sims
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.