This is our weekly roundup of links for 10/23/2017-10/28/2017 from around the web. We hope you find the following articles helpful to your growth in godliness.
“The five solas of the Reformation are closely tied, but when it comes to sola fide there is an especially close link with sola gratia and solus Christus.”
‘To be truly Trinitarian we must be constantly Christ-centered.”
“Soli Deo gloria [is] the glue that holds the other solas in place, the center that draws the others into a grand, unified whole.”
“If we speak of grace without speaking the name of Christ, we aren’t speaking biblically of grace. . . . Christless talk is graceless talk.”
“This is how Jesus forgives sin: He condemns it, carries it, cancels it, kills it, casts it, and clean forgets it. If we’ll confess it.”
Our Contributors Articles from Around the Web
Each week we will be featuring articles our writers write at a variety of places like TGC, Desiring God, For the Church, ERLC, and more.
The In-Between: Five Ways to Glorify God While You Wait by Christina Fox over at True Woman.
Every Good Mom Dies by Liz Wann over at Desiring God.
Glorifying God in Our Ends and Means by Christy Britton over at Gospel Centered Discipleship.
Confessions of a Connoisseur by Justin Huffman over at Gospel Centered Discipleship.
What To Expect When Pastoring Your First Church by Dan Darling over at SBTS Equip Blog
Made For Community by Christina Fox over at Ashleigh Slater’s blog.
Give Your Teenager to God by Stacy Reaoch over at Desiring God.
Our Approach to Productivity by Matt Perman over at What’s Best Next.
Top Articles on Servants of Grace this week.
The top ten most read articles on our website this past week.
- Seven Ways to Cultivate Holiness in the Christian Life by Dave Jenkins. https://servantsofgrace.org/seven-ways-cultivate-holiness-christian-life/
- Six Reasons to Practice the Spiritual Disciplines by Landon Coleman. https://servantsofgrace.org/six-reasons-practice-spiritual-disciplines/
- Eight Lies Women Believe In the College Years by Anna Wiggins. https://servantsofgrace.org/eight-lies-women-believe-college-years/
- Seven Questions about Books, Life, and Ministry with Christina Fox. https://servantsofgrace.org/seven-questions-books-life-ministry-christina-fox/
- Episode 120: Soli Fide: Justified by Faith in Christ Alone with Host Dave Jenkins. https://servantsofgrace.org/episode-120-soli-fide-justified-faith-christ-alone/
- How to Help Your Kids Get Excited About Reading the Bible by David Murray. https://servantsofgrace.org/help-kids-get-excited-reading-bible/
- Loving God With All Your Soul by Justin Huffman. https://servantsofgrace.org/loving-god-soul/
- The Central Figure in the Protestant Reformation: An Essay on its 500th Anniversary by Michael Milton. https://servantsofgrace.org/central-figure-protestant-reformation-essay-500th-anniversary/
- Should Younger Women Instruct Older Women by Gaye Clark. https://servantsofgrace.org/younger-women-instruct-older-women/
- The Reformation: a Return To the Biblical Gospel https://servantsofgrace.org/reformation-return-biblical-gospel/
Quote: “Adoption is the highest privilege of the gospel. The traitor is forgiven, brought in for supper, and given the family name.” -JI Packer