This is our weekly roundup of links for 1/8/2018-1/13/2018 from around the web. We hope you find the following articles helpful to your growth in godliness.
Articles from Around the Internet:
- A Pastor Who Repents Can Be Forgiven But Should Not Be Restored by Jonathan Leeman over at the Washington Post. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2018/01/11/why-repentant-pastors-should-be-forgiven-but-not-restored-to-the-pulpit/
- Russell Moore on How to Engage Politics with a Kingdom Mindset. https://ftc.co/resource-library/conversations/russell-moore-on-how-to-engage-politics-with-a-kingdom-mindset
- A Giant Has Fallen Among Us: MBTS Remembers R.C. Sproul over at FTC. https://ftc.co/resource-library/blog-entries/a-giant-has-fallen-among-us-mbts-remembers-r-c-sproul
- 9 Marks Journal Church Discipline: Medicine for the Body. https://www.9marks.org/journal/church-discipline-medicine-for-the-body/
Our writing team writes all over the internet for a variety of publications like Desiring God, TGC, and much here.
- What Do You Do When God Seems Dull? by Christy Britton over at GCD. http://gcdiscipleship.com/2018/01/09/what-do-you-do-when-god-seems-dull/
- Putting People Before Policies in Church Discipline by Nathan Pickowicz over at 9Marks. https://www.9marks.org/article/putting-people-before-policies-in-church-discipline/
- Human Trafficking: Awareness Is Just the Beginning by Christy Britton over at Intersect. http://intersectproject.org/faith-and-culture/human-trafficking-awareness-just-beginning/
- How a Busy Mom Finds Time to Pray by Stacy Reoach over at the Radical Blog. http://www.radical.net/blog/post/how-a-busy-mom-finds-time-to-pray
Top Articles on Servants of Grace this week.
The top twelve most read articles on our website this past week.
- Where Do You Find Life? by Christina Fox. https://servantsofgrace.org/where-do-you-find-life/
- Longing for God’s Word by Dave Jenkins. https://servantsofgrace.org/longing-for-gods-word/
- Counseling Pornography Addicts by David Dunham. https://servantsofgrace.org/counseling-pornography-addicts/
- Sermon: The Glory of the Father in the Son from John 14:13-14 delivered by Dave Jenkins. https://servantsofgrace.org/80-glory-father-sonsermon/
- Who Is Jonathan Edwards? by Obbie Tyler. https://servantsofgrace.org/who-is-jonathan-edwards/
- Who is Martin Luther? by James Forbis. https://servantsofgrace.org/who-is-martin-luther/
- The Path to Happiness by Charlie Handren. https://servantsofgrace.org/the-path-to-happiness/
- The Necessity of Bible Intake in the Christian Life by James Williams. https://servantsofgrace.org/the-necessity-of-bible-intake-in-the-christian-life/
- Reformation as Rediscovery of the Gospel by Matthew Barrett. https://servantsofgrace.org/reformation-rediscovery-gospel/
- Seven Ways to Cultivate Holiness in the Christian Life by Dave Jenkins. https://servantsofgrace.org/seven-ways-cultivate-holiness-christian-life/
- Sola Scriptura: The Heart of the Reformation by Nathan Pickowicz. https://servantsofgrace.org/sola-scriptura-heart-reformation/
- The Reformation, Preaching, and What is Needed Today by Josh Buice. https://servantsofgrace.org/reformation-preaching-needed-today/
- Sola Fide: Trusting in the One Who Saves by Grant Castleberry. https://servantsofgrace.org/sola-fide-trusting-in-the-one-who-saves/
Quote: “The way to be anxious about nothing is to be prayerful about everything.” D.A. Carson
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.