On today’s Equipping You in Grace show Dave and Stephen Nichols discuss the life and ministry of R.C. Sproul, the lessons Christians can learn from his ministry, how friendship shaped R.C. Sproul’s ministry, along with his new book, R. C. Sproul: A Life (Crossway, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The legacy of R.C. Sproul.
- The influence Dr. Sproul has had on Dr. Nichols.
- What Christian readers can learn from R.C. Sproul’s example of evangelism.
- The marriage of R.C. Sproul and Vesta Sproul and what married couples can learn from their life of service to the Lord.
- How R.C. Sproul’s friendship furthered the impact of his ministry.
- Some interesting facets of the life of R.C. Sproul.
- Why Christians should read Christian biography.
- Some of the biggest lessons Christians can learn from the ministry of Dr. Sproul.
- Why we again need men like R.C. Sproul.
About the Guest
Stephen J. Nichols (PhD, Westminster Theological Seminary) serves as the president of Reformation Bible College and chief academic officer of Ligonier Ministries. He has written over twenty books and is an editor of the Theologians on the Christian Life series. He also hosts the weekly podcast 5 Minutes in Church History.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!