On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave is interviewed by Dave Van Bebber for his class at Spurgeon College on public speaking on a game plan when engaging with the media, what it means to be a trustworthy voice in the Church, why the media has a worldview and why Christians must see and engage the worldview through a biblical worldview, and much more on this new episode.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Dave’s experience in the media and ministry.
- A game plan no matter one’s vocation for talking to the media with the gospel.
- Some of the most important elements of preparation when talking with the media
- Common pitfalls should one avoid when talking to and engaging in the media.
- Lessons on conducting an effective interview in any setting.
- How public speaking impact one’s ability to speak to the media and how this enhances one’s interview skills.
- Some similar and distinct differences between talking with a reporter covering a story verses a long-form interview.
- Why and how a biblical worldview helps the Christian.
- Why the media has a worldview and why Christians must see the world through a biblical worldview.
- Why Christians should refuse to compromise in media and in all of life.
- What it means to be a trustworthy voice and resource in the Church.
- How to fight pride and grow in grace in the Christian life.
- How preparing helps us to deal with fear and anxiety related to public speaking.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thank you for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace.
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.