On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins, and Bruce Ashford discuss Christian civility and public square engagement, along with his book Letters to An American Christian (B&H, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Learning to engage with Christian civility in the public square.
- Why Christians shouldn’t disengage from politics but begin to engage explicitly from a biblical worldview.
- How Christians should engage in the public square in the public square on issues like religious liberty.
- Learning to engage from sound doctrine and a sound hermeneutic on issues where people oppose historic Christianity.
- How Pastors and ministry leaders can help millennials and other young people learn to engage and grow in seeing life through biblical categories and a biblical worldview.
- Why Christians should care about the Supreme Court and how it interprets the Constitution.
- How Christians should stand for objective truth in the Word of God and respond to the tidal wave of moral, ethical, and sexual relativism in our culture.
About the Guest
Bruce Riley Ashford is Provost / Dean of the Faculty at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, where he also serves as Professor of Theology and Culture. He is a Fellow in Theology at the St. George’s Center for Biblical and Public Theology (Ontario, Canada) and a Research Fellow at the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.