On today’s episode of Equipping You in Grace, I interview Jason Helopoulos about his new book The New Pastor’s Handbook: Help and Encouragement for the First Years of Ministry (Baker Books 2015).
About the Book:
– which ministry role most suits them
– how to start out strong at a new church
– persevering during difficult seasons of ministry
– leading meetings and delegating tasks
– safeguarding their family
– fighting discouragement, pastor envy, and a lack of contentment
– navigating special ministry needs, such as hospitals, weddings, and funerals
Through his hard-won wisdom, Jason Helopoulos comes alongside new pastors as a trusted friend and mentor, ready to guide them through their first years of ministry with intelligence and compassion.
About the Author:
Jason Helopoulos (ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary) is associate pastor at University Reformed Church in East Lansing, Michigan. Ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America, he has pastored three churches and speaks at conferences and retreats. A contributor to the Alliance of Confessing Evangelicals’ Christward Collective blog, Helopoulos also blogs for the Gospel Coalition, and Servants of Grace, and is the author of A Neglected Grace. He lives in Lansing, Michigan.
TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST, PLEASE USE THE LINKS BELOW:
If you have a chance, please leave me an honest rating and review on iTunes by clicking here. It will help the show and its ranking in iTunes immensely! I appreciate it!