Welcome to the eighty-ninth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave interviews Dr. Stephen Wellum, Christ Alone—The Uniqueness of Jesus as Savior: What the Reformers Taught…and Why It Still Matters.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Wellum’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- The significance of the exclusivity of Christ for today.
- A brief outline of the sufficiency of Christ’s finished work.
- How Jesus’ ministry as High Priest is neglected today.
- How Christians should respond to attacks on penal substitionary atonement.
- How Reformed believers differ with Rome on the sufficiency of Christ’s work.
- How Reformed Christians should respond in love to differences between Reformation theology and Catholic teaching.
- How the exclusivity of Christ is under attack today and how Christians should respond in love to these attacks.
- His recommended books for learning more about the person and work of Jesus Christ.
About the Guest:
Stephen Wellum is Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of Kingdom through Covenant (Crossway). He is also writing a systematic theology that will be published around 2017 (B&H Academic).
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!