Welcome to the 142nd episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Brian Hedges about his book, Watchfulness: Recovering a Lost Spiritual Discipline (Reformation Heritage, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The need for guardrails in the Christian life.
- Recognizing our limitations in light of the sovereignty of God.
- Why watchfulness is neglected in contemporary Christian literature.
- In what way watchfulness is the whetstone of the spiritual disciplines.
- Some of what the Puritans taught on watchfulness.
- The most critical components of being watchful in the Christian life.
- Some practical steps Christians can take to begin to cultivate watchfulness in their own lives.
- How Christians should remain watchful for one another.
- How Pastors can grow in their own practice of pastoral watchfulness of the flock.
- How watchfulness helps Christians to have a biblical worldview.
About the Guest
Brian G. Hedges is lead pastor of Fulkerson Park Baptist Church in Niles, Michigan. He has written a number of books, including With Jesus, Christ All Sufficient, and Christ Formed in You.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!