On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Zach Schlegel discuss the fear of God and the fear of man, using social media, growing in grace, and the local church, along with his book, Fearing Others: Putting God First (P&R, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What the fear of God is.
- What the fear of man is.
- How Christians begin to identify the fear of man in their own lives.
- How relying more on the Lord helps free Christians to work hard, do their best, and trust God with the results.
- How Christians fight against the fear of man with the fear of God while using social media for the glory of God.
- How being more sinful than we ever imagined and yet fully loved and accepted by Christ helps them understand where our true approval originates from.
- How Christians grow in both boldness and courage and speak up for matters without the fear of man.
- How Christians seeing themselves rightly in light of the cross helps them to accept and learn from criticism.
- How Christians should fight fear with prayer.
- Why it’s so essential for Christians to fight fear with thankfulness.
- How to continue to grow in contentment in Christ alone.
- The role of the local church in helping Christians address their fear of man and to fear the Lord.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.