On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Zach Schlegel discuss the fear of God and the fear of man, using social media, growing in grace, and the local church, along with his book, Fearing Others: Putting God First (P&R, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What the fear of God is.
- What the fear of man is.
- How Christians begin to identify the fear of man in their own lives.
- How relying more on the Lord helps free Christians to work hard, do their best, and trust God with the results.
- How Christians fight against the fear of man with the fear of God while using social media for the glory of God.
- How being more sinful than we ever imagined and yet fully loved and accepted by Christ helps them understand where our true approval originates from.
- How Christians grow in both boldness and courage and speak up for matters without the fear of man.
- How Christians seeing themselves rightly in light of the cross helps them to accept and learn from criticism.
- How Christians should fight fear with prayer.
- Why it’s so essential for Christians to fight fear with thankfulness.
- How to continue to grow in contentment in Christ alone.
- The role of the local church in helping Christians address their fear of man and to fear the Lord.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!