On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and William Osborne discuss the prosperity gospel and divine blessing, tips to reading the Old Testament, how divine blessing affects our understanding of the end times, along with his book, Divine Blessing and the Fullness of Life in the Presence of God (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How the prosperity gospel has affected how Christian approach the subject of divine blessing.
- How the opening chapters of Genesis serve as the foundation for a biblical worldview.
- Why it is essential Christians recognize the temple-garden nature of the Garden of Eden.
- The importance of Genesis 3:15 to the unfolding story of the Old Testament and redemptive history.
- The importance of seeing the Prophets as covenant enforcers calling the people of God back to their covenant King.
- How understanding divine blessing affects our understanding of the end times.
- The importance of reading the Old Testament and some tips to do it well.
- How biblical blessing helps Christians better appreciate and grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord Jesus.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.