This is our weekly roundup of links for 1/14/2018-1/19/2019 from around the web. We hope you find the following articles helpful to your growth in godliness.
Our writing team writes all over the internet for a variety
- Learning to Love Like Jesus by Brittany Allen over at GCD. http://gcdiscipleship.com/2019/01/13/learning-to-love-like-jesus/
- Climbing the (Wrong) Ladder by Brianna Lambert over at GCD. http://gcdiscipleship.com/2019/01/15/climbing-the-wrong-ladder/
- Five Pastoral Reflections from 5 Years of Pastoring by Michael Cooper over at Facts and Trends. https://factsandtrends.net/2019/01/15/5-pastoral-reflections-from-5-years-of-pastoring/
- The Attributes of God: Faithful by Lara d’Entremont over at Whole Magazine. http://www.wholemagazine.org/posts/the-attributes-of-god-faithful#disqus_thread
- Bitter Peel, Sweet Fruit: Social Media and Anxiety by Lara d’Entremont over at Well-Watered Women https://wellwateredwomen.com/social-media-anxiety/
- 6 Ways Cross-Cultural Church Planting Has Been Good for Our Kids by Jen Oshman over at TGC. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/cross-cultural-church-planting-good-kids/
- Practical Applications of the Doctrine of Justification by Nate Pickowicz over at Table Talk. https://tabletalkmagazine.com/posts/2019/01/practical-applications-of-the-doctrine-of-justification/
- Five Minutes for the Imago Dei by Joseph Hamrick over at Place for Truth http://www.placefortruth.org/blog/five-minutes-imago-dei
The top ten most read articles and media content on our website this past week.
- David Dunham- Addictive Habits: Changing for Good https://servantsofgrace.org/david-dunham-addictive-habits-changing-for-good/
- Attention by Laura Lundgren https://servantsofgrace.org/attention/
- Deepak Reju– Fighting for Purity https://servantsofgrace.org/deepak-reju-on-fighting-for-purity/
- In Their Own Words: The Testimonies of Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Knox, and John Bunyan by David B. Calhoun reviewed by Joey Tomlinson https://servantsofgrace.org/in-their-own-words-the-testimonies-of-martin-luther-john-calvin-john-knox-and-john-bunyan-by-david-b-calhoun/
- Blessed Are the Poor in Spirit by Charlie Handren https://servantsofgrace.org/blessed-are-the-poor-in-spirit/
- Blessed Are Those Who Mourn by Laura Hardin https://servantsofgrace.org/blessed-are-those-who-mourn/
- Blessed Are the Meek by Jenn Hesse https://servantsofgrace.org/blessed-are-the-meek/
- Blessed Are the Merciful by Dave Jenkins https://servantsofgrace.org/blessed-are-the-merciful/
- Marks of a Healthy Church: Expositional Preaching by James Williams https://servantsofgrace.org/marks-of-a-healthy-church-expositional-preaching/
- Pastoral Advice for Porn Addicts by Landon Coleman https://servantsofgrace.org/pastoral-advice-for-porn-addicts/
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.