This is our weekly roundup of links for 11/27/2017-12/2/2017 from around the web. We hope you find the following articles helpful to your growth in godliness.
Episode 29 of the Pastors Talk Podcast. Jonathan Leeman asks Mark Dever about sermon preparation. https://www.9marks.org/interview/episode29/
Help for the Beat-Up Pastor by Erik Raymond over at For the Church. https://ftc.co/resource-library/blog-entries/help-for-the-beat-up-pastor
How Much Should a Pastor Tell His Wife? by Dave Harvey over at TGC. https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/much-pastor-tell-wife-2/
Our Contributors Articles from Around the Web
Each week we will be featuring articles our writers write at a variety of places like TGC, Desiring God, For the Church, ERLC, and more.
Spiritual Armor for Spiritual Warfare by Justin Huffman over at Take and Seal. https://www.takeandseal.com/blog/spiritual-armor-for-spiritual-warfare
Teach Them To Give Thanks by Christy Britton over at Revive Our Hearts. https://www.reviveourhearts.com/true-woman/blog/teach-them-give-thanks/
Top Articles on Servants of Grace this week.
The top ten most read articles on our website this past week.
1) If God Exists, Why Doesn’t He Reveal Himself to Me? by Timothy Massaro https://servantsofgrace.org/god-exists-doesnt-reveal/
2) Doug Bond- The Poetric Wonder of Isaac Watts (A Long Line of Godly Men Profile) https://servantsofgrace.org/episode-122-doug-bond-poetic-wonder-isaac-watts-long-line-godly-men-profile/
3) Theology is for You and Me by Dave Jenkins https://servantsofgrace.org/theology-is-for-you-and-me/
4) When You Have Made Your Husband Into An Idol by Lara Dentremont https://servantsofgrace.org/made-husband-idol/
5) Seven Ways to Cultivate Holiness in the Christian Life by Dave Jenkins https://servantsofgrace.org/seven-ways-cultivate-holiness-christian-life/
6) Knowledge Without Zeal by Josh Buice https://servantsofgrace.org/knowledge-without-zeal/
7) Are You Wishing Your Life Away? by James Williams https://servantsofgrace.org/wishing-life-away/
8) Please Stop Saying– “God Told Me” by Josh Buice https://servantsofgrace.org/please-stop-saying-god-told/
9) Luther and Discipleship by Josh Buice https://servantsofgrace.org/luther-and-discipleship/
10) 9 Things You Need To Know About the Power of Friendship by Kevin Carson https://servantsofgrace.org/9-things-need-know-power-friendships/
11) Bible Reading: Duty or Delight? by Landon Coelman https://servantsofgrace.org/bible-reading-duty-delight/
Quote: “To wield the sword of the Spirit successfully, we must read it habitually, diligently, intelligently, and prayerfully.” -J.C. Ryle
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.