On the latest episode of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Dave Jenkins, and Wayne Grudem discuss the place and importance of Christian ethics to the Christian life and ministry, along with his new resource, Christian Ethics: An Introduction to Biblical Moral Reasoning (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The Ten Commandments as the foundation for Christian ethics.
- Answering moral relativism with a biblical worldview.
- The missing teaching of Christian ethics in the church and what to do about it.
- The fear of man, the fear of God, and the need for Christian ethics.
- The challenge of transgenderism and how to respond to it.
- How Christian ethics helps Christians make godly, wise, God-glorifying decisions.
- The relationship between systematic theology and Christian ethics.
- The need for personal holiness and Christian ethics in an increasingly secular culture.
- The importance of Christians voting and voting according to a biblical worldview.
- Pornography and sex trafficking.
- How Pastors and ministry leaders can equip God’s people on the issue of abortion.
- Why Christians should care about ethics.
- Why Christian ethics is not legalism.
- How a biblical worldview affects how we think and live before the face of God.
- The importance of moral purity and calling Christians to biblical morality and purity.
About the Guest
Wayne Grudem (PhD, University of Cambridge; DD, Westminster Theological Seminary) is research professor of theology and biblical studies at Phoenix Seminary, having previously taught for 20 years at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School. He is a former president of the Evangelical Theological Society, a member of the Translation Oversight Committee for the English Standard Version of the Bible, the general editor of the ESV Study Bible, and has published over 20 books.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!