On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave and Voddie Baucham discuss social justice and biblical and theological illiteracy, the dangers of CRT and intersectionality, the dangers of the cult of racism, concerns with Christian’s support of BLM, along with his book, Fault Lines: The Social Justice Movement and Evangelicalism’s Looming Catastrophe (Salem Books, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why the social justice is a gospel issue.
- Why social justice is another symptom of the growing problem of biblical and theological illiteracy.
- How Christians can pursue justice without bending to wokeness or other troubling views.
- Advice to the person getting exposed to critical race theory and intersectionality.
- Concerns about the growing racial reconciliation movement in the evangelical Church today.
- Concerns about critical social justice movement’s stance on abortion.
- The most powerful weapon that Christians have against CRT and intersectionality.
- Why real love for brothers and sisters in Christ requires contending with them and for them.
- Concerns about evangelical Christian’s support of Black Lives Matter.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.