On today’s Equipping You in Grace Dave and Tobby Smith discuss why and how Christians should respond to heresy, some ways to engage Mormons with the gospel, the markers of progressive Christianity, why Christians should be concerned about Bethel, along with his book, Wolfology: A Look at Heresies Old and New (Kress Biblical Resources, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why Christians should be concerned about heresy.
- How Christians should respond to heresy.
- How studying church history can help Christians today.
- Some of the best ways to engage Mormons with the gospel.
- The markers of progressive Christianity and how Christians should speak to them.
- Why Christians should be concerned about Bethel.
About the Guest
Tobby Smith is Pastor of Memorial Baptist Church in New Castle, Indiana. Tobby holds a B.A. from Boyce College, an M.A. and Masters of Divinity from Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary, and is currently a PhD student at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. Tobby has been married to his wife Rachel for twenty-three years. They have a teenage son named Piper.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!