On today’s Equipping You in Grace Show Dave and Tim Shorey talk about the importance of open, honest, truthful communication, strategies to pursue peace with God and others, along with his book, Respect the Image: Reflecting Human Worth in How We Listen and Talk (P&R, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of being slow to speak to listening well to God and valuing the image of God in others.
- Three theological truths that undergird a Christian theology of communication.
- Strategies to keep the lines of communication open and truthful.
- How to practically speak nourishing words with grace and truth to one another as Christians.
- What it looks like to show charity to one another and engage in godly communication.
- Some ways to think the best of others.
- Some practical ways to train our hearts and our new affections in the righteousness of God.
About the Guest
Timothy M. Shorey has been a pastor since 1982. He currently leads Risen Hope Church, a multiethnic congregation in Delaware County, Pennsylvania, and is the author of Worship Worthy and 30/30 Hindsight: 30 Reflections on a 30-Year Headache. He and Gayline have six children and numerous grandchildren.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.