On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Mark Talbot discuss the story of Scripture, the problem of evil, and our suffering, the place of biblical theology in the Christian life, and his new book, Give Me Understanding That I May Live: Situating Our Suffering within God’s Redemptive Plan (Suffering and the Christian Life, v.2, Crossway, 2022).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The story of Scripture, the problem of evil, and our suffering.
- Biblical theology and the story of our lives.
- How understanding our first parents disobedience helps us understand what life was supposed to be like in Eden.
- How the Creation story helps us counter false assumptions about the Lord and ourselves.
- How suffering challenges us to cast doubt on the stories we’ve previously believed to be true.
- Why understanding creation and rebellion is critical to the Christian story.
- How the full Christian story can encourage us in our own suffering.
About Today’s Guest
Mark Talbot (PhD, University of Pennsylvania) is an associate professor of philosophy at Wheaton College and the host of When the Stars Disappear podcast. He is also the author of the Suffering and the Christian Life series, including When the Stars Disappear and Give Me Understanding That I May Live. He and his wife, Cindy, have one daughter and three grandchildren.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!