On the eleventh episode of the Ask us Anything Podcast, Joey asks, “What is the place of discernment and sound doctrine in the Christian Life?”
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of biblical discernment for the Christian life.
- The Christian’s attitude in discernment.
- A Three-Fold Grid for Discernment
- Good biblical theology helps Christians to discern between what is right and what is wrong.
- The importance of doctrinal discernment in the Christian life.
- Three practical points Christian can implement into their lives and learn to be more discerning.
- Biblical Discernment and Church History.
- True discernment requires diligent study of the Scriptures.
If you have a question you’d like to see answered please email me.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Ask Us Anything via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Ask Us Anything!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.