On today’s episode, a listener writes in and asks Dave, “Why Are There So Many Christian Interpretations?”
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The purpose of the illumination of the Holy Spirit in interpreting Scripture rightly.
- 2 Timothy 2:15 and proper biblical interpretation.
- Why interpreting biblical interpretation through tradition is wrong.
- The purpose of the analogy of faith and biblical interpretation.
- The purpose of sensus literalis and biblical interpretation.
- The purpose of literal interpretation and the clarity of Scripture.
- What it looks like to interpret Scripture literally.
- Why proper biblical hermeneutics requires biblical interpretation.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to the Servants of Grace Podcast via iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback. Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Servants of Grace theology segment!