On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave talks with Mark Jones about the life and ministry of Stephen Charnock, and how his doctrine of God helps the Christian today, along with his updated and unabridged two volumes he edited of Stephen Charnock’s The Existence and Attributes of God (Crossway, 2022).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Immutability and the Christian life.
- How Charnock shows the point of doctrine for life.
- Who Stephen Charnock is and why his work has continued to influence the church today.
- The unique contributes Mark’s edited volume of Charnock’s work makes to the literature on Charnock.
- How a biblical and orthodox view of God as described by Charnock helps the Christian today.
- How a biblical and orthodox view of the attributes of God as described by Charnock helps the Christian today.
- Why we need men like Charnock again today and what such men would look like in the Church.
About Today’s Guest