On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Dr. Stephen Wellum discuss how the storyline of the Bible helps us know Jesus, how Christians should respond to attacks on Jesus, and how church history can help us do so, along with his book, The Person of Christ: An Introduction (Crossway, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why it is so important to have a biblical understanding of Jesus.
- What a theology from below verses a theology from above means in reference to the person and work of Jesus.
- How the storyline of the Bible helps us know Jesus.
- How important it is that Christians have a basic understanding of the Council of Chalcedon.
- Some of the disputes that the Nicene and Chalcedonian creeds resolved.
- How the Nicene and Chalcedonian Councils help Christians respond to attacks on the person and work of Jesus.
- How Christians should respond to attacks on Jesus.
- How Christians can recover the centrality of Christ in our day.
About the Guest
Stephen J. Wellum (PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) is professor of Christian theology at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky, and editor of The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology. Stephen and his wife, Karen, have five adult children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!