Podcast (equipping-you-in-grace): Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Pandora | Email | TuneIn | RSS
On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Dr. Stephen Wellum discuss how the storyline of the Bible helps us know Jesus, how Christians should respond to attacks on Jesus, and how church history can help us do so, along with his book, The Person of Christ: An Introduction (Crossway, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why it is so important to have a biblical understanding of Jesus.
- What a theology from below verses a theology from above means in reference to the person and work of Jesus.
- How the storyline of the Bible helps us know Jesus.
- How important it is that Christians have a basic understanding of the Council of Chalcedon.
- Some of the disputes that the Nicene and Chalcedonian creeds resolved.
- How the Nicene and Chalcedonian Councils help Christians respond to attacks on the person and work of Jesus.
- How Christians should respond to attacks on Jesus.
- How Christians can recover the centrality of Christ in our day.
About the Guest
Stephen J. Wellum (PhD, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School) is professor of Christian theology at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky, and editor of The Southern Baptist Journal of Theology. Stephen and his wife, Karen, have five adult children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.