On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave talks with Jon Benzinger about equipping people to speak out against social justice, what is most concerning about the Church’s social justice conversation, and his new book, Stand: Christianity Vs. Social Justice (G3 Press, 2022).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The fear of man and the fear of God.
- What critical race theory and intersectionality are and how they attack a biblical worldview.
- What is most concerning about the church’s social justice conversation today.
- How Christians should respond to the current move toward social justice and not biblical justice.
- Why the social justice movement is another form of the social gospel.
- Why Christians should care about biblical unity in their local churches and what it looks like.
- The role of parents in guarding their children against the onslaught of social justice and shepherding their kids.
- How pastors can help prepare people in their local church to face social justice.
About Our Guest
Jon Benzinger is the Lead Pastor of Redeemer Bible Church in Gilbert, Arizona, contributor to the Redeeming Truth podcast, founder of helpingpastors.org, and President of the Redeemer Center for Church Leadership. He and his wife Katie have four children: Colin, Ava, Emma, and Jace.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.