On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave talks with Caroline Newheiser about speaking the truth in love with wisdom in our relationships with one another, navigating challenging conversations during the Holiday’s, and her book with Cheryl Marshall, When Word Matter Most- Speaking Truth with grace to those you love (Crossway, 2022).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Three God-given goals for personal relationship with other Christians.
- The balance between speaking the truth in love and not.
- How to speak wisely and graciously the truth of God’s Word.
- What patience looks like in our friendships with one another.
- How we begin to speak the truth in love to others.
- How we should speak the truth in love in conflict with others in our family and local church.
- Some ways we can walk alongside others who are struggling with grief.
- Some ways we can walk alongside those who are struggling with worry.
- How knowing the promises of God gives us confidence to speak the truth with grace to one another.
- Practical advice for welcoming people around our tables during the Holidays.
About Our Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.