On today’s Warriors of Grace episode, Dave talks about what the sober-minded, self-controlled, and respectful man looks like, along with strategies to be thoughtful towards others, and how the self-controlled men can fight against temptation.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What the sober-minded man looks like.
- What a respectful man looks like.
- What a self-controlled mind looks like.
- How being thoughtful helps us to respond in a godly way to difficult people and situations in our lives.
- How being self-controlled helps men fight against temptation and stand fast for Christ.
- How the grace of God helps Christian men be sober-minded, self-controlled, and respectful.
- What it looks like to take our thoughts captive.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Warriors of Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.