On today’s Warriors of Grace episode, Dave talks about why every Christian man should pursue by the grace of God being sober, gentle, and peacemaking, and strategies to grow in gentleness with others and some strategies to be peacemaking when dealing with difficult people.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Every mature Christian man should pursue gentleness and flee from violence and bickering.
- To be gentle is to be tender, humble, and fair, to know what posture and response are fitting for any occasion.
- To pursue gentleness is to imitate Jesus.
- We are to be gentle so we can serve as a display of the one who deals so gently with us.
- Strategies to be gentle and peacemaking with others.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Warriors of Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.