On today’s Equipping You in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Scott Redd discuss the importance of the Christian’s identity in Christ, what it means to truly delight in the Lord and His Word, along with his book, The Wholeness Imperative: How Christ Unifies our Desires, Identity and Impact in the World (Christian Focus, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why Dr. Bavinck’s contrast between being and becoming cuts through so much confusion about Christian identity and life.
- Why it’s important to understand how biblical simplicity springs from the heart of God.
- Why it’s so important that the Christian’s delight in the Word be heartful, joyful, and satisfying.
- The dangers of an over-intellectualized faith.
- The five diagnostic principles that highlight pious talismans in the Christian life.
- How the Apostle John’s teaching helps Christians understand the nature of true confession and repentance in the Christian life.
- Why it’s vital that Christians both build the Kingdom and populate it.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!