On the latest episode of the Equipping You and Grace, Dave Jenkins, and Ryan Reeves discuss the origins of the Bible and why it matters for the Christian life and ministry, along with his book, Know How We Got Our Bible (Zondervan, 2018)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of translators having sound convictions and using sound practices as translators.
- Why it’s so important that Christians understand the origins of the Bible.
- How Christians should respond to attacks on the Canon of Scripture.
- Whether every Christian needs to have a good understanding of textual transmission or not as they seek to understand the origins of the Bible.
- The controversy around the King James Bible and how Christians should respond to it.
- What the Latin Vulgate is and why it matters in the history of the Bible.
- Why the Apocrphya is not in the Protestant Bible.
- The importance of the work of Luther and Wycliffe in getting the Bible back in the hands of the average Christian.
- What Christians can learn about the Bible movement, and the focus of it on missions, along with getting involved in it today.
- How Christians should engage Jehovah Witnesses and Mormons on matters related to the authority of Scripture.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!