On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Rush Witt discuss how to address respectable and acceptable sins in the Christian life, and the Church, along with his book, Diehard Sins: How to Fight Wisely Against Destructive Daily Habits (P&R, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How the gospel helps Christians to address respectable and acceptable sins in their lives.
- How Christians can put to use the provisions the Lord has given them to use daily.
- What the acronym RRPP means and how it helps Christians learn to kill sin before it starts.
- How the acronym PEAR helps Christians to plant the truth of God’s Word to dig deep into their hearts and lives.
- What role the local church should play in helping Christians grow in grace.
- How pastors and biblical counselors can help equip people in their local churches to address respectable and acceptable sin in their lives.
- The difference between reading the Bible and studying the Bible.
- How open and transparent should lay people be with other church members, along with cautions and advice for them on how to do this well.
- How open and transparent pastors should be or not be in their sermons.
About the Guest
Rush Witt (MDiv, DMin, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary)is lead pastor of Paramount Church in Bexley, Ohio, and author of A Strategy for Incorporating Biblical Counseling in North American Church Plants.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!