On today’s Equipping You in Grace Dave and Robert Smart talk about the relationship between union with Christ and spiritual warfare, extinguishing the arrows aimed at discouraging and distracting Christians from their identity in Christ, along with his book, Waging War In An Age of Doubt: A Biblical, Theological, Historical, and Practical Approach to Spiritual Warfare for Today (Reformation Heritage, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Two of the biggest misunderstandings about spiritual warfare among Christians today.
- The relationship between union with Christ and spiritual warfare.
- Why the Church’s teaching on spiritual warfare is important to Christians today.
- Three forms of pride.
- How Christians can avoid being outwitted by Satan.
- How Christians extinguish the arrows aimed at discouraging and distracting them from their identity in Christ.
- Recommended books on spiritual warfare.
About the Guest
Robert Davis Smart is senior minister of Christ Church in Bloomington, Illinois. He teaches part-time at different seminaries, preaches at conferences, and stays active in world missions. He and his wife, Karen, enjoy their five children and three grandchildren.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!