On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Dr. Robert D. Jones have a wide-ranging conversation on righteous and unrighteous anger and how it affects our walk with God and relationship with others, along with his book, Anger: Calming Your Heart (P&R, 2019)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The four assurance people need to deal with their anger.
- Paul’s principle of putting off the flesh and putting on Christ and how this principle helps Christians who struggle with anger.
- Why it’s so crucial for people to understand the righteous wrath of God before Christians talk with others about righteous and unrighteous anger.
- What righteous anger is and how we can know if we have righteous or unrighteous anger in our lives.
- How prayer helps address our issues with anger.
- Some strategies to use for those who struggle with sinful anger when they feel it is coming on.
- What it looks like to overlook sin, including when to do this and how to do it well.
- How Christians who struggle with sinful anger can learn to be patient and gracious with others.
- Some principles pastors and biblical counselors can use when counseling those who struggle with sinful anger.
- How biblical lament helps Christians address anger in their lives.
- Advice for Christian parents struggling to deal with their angry child.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.