On today’s Equipping You in Grace, Dave Jenkins and Dr. Robert Cara have a wide-ranging discussion on justification from the Bible and church history, and how justification relates to the Christian life and ministry, along with The Doctrine on Which the Church Stands Or Falls: Justification in Biblical, Theological, Historical, and Pastoral Perspective edited by Dr. Matthew Barrett (Crossway, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What justification is.
- How important it is for Christians to have a robust biblical and theologically informed understanding of the doctrine of justification for their life and ministry.
- How important it is that Christians have a good grasp on what the Church has taught on justification from church history.
- How evangelicals should respond to challenges from Rome on justification.
- How evangelicals should respond to challenges from the New Perspective on Paul on justification.
- What is the necessity of understanding justification for pastoral ministry.
- Recommended reading on justification.
- Justification and the ministry of Jesus as Advocate.
- The Reformation as a Bible-centered movement.
- How Protestant should interact with Roman Catholics on justification.
- The dangers with the New Perspective on Paul and how Christians should respond to it.
- How justification addresses the guilt and shame of sinners.
- How justification addresses sinners worthless and why it matters.
- Justification and union with Christ.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!