On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Reagan discuss being intentional in our productivity, our motivation for our productivity, advice for writers and podcasters on productivity, along with his book, Redeeming Productivity: Getting More Done for the Glory of God (Moody, 2022).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The danger of a philosophy of productivity that runs counter to a biblical worldview.
- The three c’s of intentionally productive.
- How the P.O.W.E.R. acronym can help us to have a better morning routine.
- How important is it to connect our theology and our work together.
- Some helpful tips to help people get organized in their work.
- Layers of Christian productivity.
- Advice for Christian writers and podcasters on productivity to improve their craft.
- How important it is that we track our progress.
- How our spiritual gifts can help us be more productive.
- How a biblical mindset can help us with setting goals.
- The importance of our motives in our productivity.
- How an eternal-minded statement helps us.
About Our Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thank you for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace.
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.