In this issue of Theology for Life Magazine, we’ve been considering loss, grief, illness, and how by growing in our understanding of the grace of God, we can then walk with others who are dealing with these challenging events or seasons. We understand that we haven’t covered everything on these topics, but it is our prayer that hopefully, readers of this issue of Theology for Life Magazine will grow in their understanding of the these subjects so they can biblically minister more effectively to those who are hurting.
If you’ve found this subject helpful and would like to study this subject further, please check out the following reading list below. These books are at the top of their genre in both excellence and readability.
- What Grieving People Wish You Knew about What Really Helps (and What Really Hurts) by Nancy Guthrie
- A Grief Sanctified: Through Sorrow to Eternal Hope by J.I. Packer
- Grief: Walking with Jesus by Bob Kelleman
- The One Year Book of Hope by Nancy Guthrie
- Grieving, Hope and Solace: When A Loved One Dies in Christ by Albert N. Martin
- Grieving: Your Path Back to Peace by James R. White
- God’s Healing for Life’s Losses: How to Find Hope When You’re Hurting by Bob Kelleman.
- Hearing Jesus Speak Into Your Sorrow by Nancy Guthrie
- O Love That Will Not Let Me Go: facing Death with Courageous Confidence in God edited by Nancy Guthrie.
- When Your Family’s Lost a Loved One: Finding Hope Together by Nancy and David Guthrie.
- Loving Your Friend Through Cancer: Moving Beyond “I’m Sorry” to Meaningful Support by Marissa Henley
- Don’t Waste Your Cancer by John Piper
I hope you enjoy reading these books as much as I have. I know you will find them helpful in your further study of these subjects.
In Christ Alone,
Executive Editor, Theology for Life Magazine