This season at Servants of Grace, we’ve been considering the topics of pornography, purity, and sex-trafficking. We are living in a time when many people are either struggling with pornography, or they are engaged in some way—either in the porn or sex trafficking industries. With this issue of Theology for Life Magazine, it was our hope that readers would grow, not only in their understanding of how to fight against pornography, but also become knowledgeable about the sex-trafficking industry, and learn to become the men and women God wants them to be.
If you’ve found this subject interesting and want to study the issue further, please check out the recommended reading list below. These books are at the top of this genre in both excellence and readability. I promise you’ll find them worthwhile. Please note that this list is provided in no particular order.
- Finally Free: Fighting for Purity With the Power of Grace by Dr. Health Lambert
- Sexual Detox: A Guide for Guys Who Are Sick of Porn by Tim Challies
- Closing the Window: Steps to Living Porn-Free by Tim Chester
- Wired for Intimacy: How Pornography Hijacks the Male Brain by William Struthers
- Undefiled: Redemption from Sexual Sin, Restoration for Broken Relationships by Harry Schaumburg.
- Sex and the Supremacy of Christ by John Piper, Justin Taylor, and others.
- Sex Is Not the Problem (Lust Is): Sexual Purity in a Lust-Saturated World by Josh Harris.
And here are a couple of free e-Books from Covenant Eyes: Porn Free Church and Your Brain on Porn. I hope you’ll enjoy this further reading list! For additional resources, feel free to check out https://servantsofgrace.org.
In Christ Alone,