On today’s episode of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Dave Jenkins, and Ray Rhodes discuss the life and influence of Susannah Spurgeon, along with his book, Susie: The Life and Legacy of Susannah Spurgeon (Moody, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Cultivating friendship in marriage.
- What pastors and pastors wives can do to help their children grow in the faith.
- How Susie Spurgeon began the pastor’s book fund, and it’s legacy.
- The importance of godly communication in marriage.
- The importance of a godly wife in the life of men of God.
- How Charles and Susannah Spurgeon met and Susannah’s first impressions of him.
- What made Susie such a good partner for a uniquely gifted and busy man as Charles Spurgeon.
- The most pronounced and difficult pressures of Susie Spurgeon being married to the most famous preacher in the Victorian era.
- How Susie Spurgeon’s upbringing prepared her to be married to a uniquely gifted man of God.
- How Susannah helped Charles as a pastor’s wife in his life and ministry.
- What pastor wives can learn from Susie Spurgeon.
- What influence Susannah had in raising the two Spurgeon sons to be in ministry.
- The legacy of Susannah Spurgeon.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace![/et_pb_text][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.