On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and David Schrock discuss our response to conflict in our lives and the Church, the seriousness of plagiarism in writing and preaching, growing in the craft of preaching, how to approach sermons and critique them, along with his book, Brothers, We Are Not Plagiarists (Founders Press, 2022).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What our response should be to conflicts in our lives and the Church.
- The seriousness of plagiarism in the church.
- Why the call to preach is a call to study.
- In what way does plagiarism dishonor God and harm the church.
- The dangers of speaking well and how that contrasts well with elders’ qualifications to be apt to teach.
- Why plagiarism is a form of pragmatism.
- How to avoid plagiarism in preaching or writing.
- How Pastors can encourage their congregations to handle the Word of God well.
- Why pastors should preach expository sermons week in and week out.
- How to listen to sermons and critique them.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!