On today’s Equipping You in Grace Dave and Paul talk about how to walk alongside those who are hurting and grieving, the importance of praying the Psalms, along with his book, A Small Book for the Hurting Heart Meditations on Loss, Grief, and Healing (New Growth Press, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How the nearness of God helps Christians to process hurt and grief.
- Some of the best ways to address hurt in our lives as Christians.
- How to walk alongside those who are hurting and grieving.
- Some of the best tools to have in our toolkit when visiting family members or church members in the hospital.
- How the High Priestly ministry helps Christians to address hurt in their lives.
- How Christians grieve with hope when our hearts hurt so bad it feels like it’s going to explode.
- The importance of praying the Psalms.
- The importance of comforting hurting people and what that looks like.
- The importance of taking a posture of a posture servant when serving others.
- What grieving with hope looks like practically in the Christian life.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.