On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Paul Tautges talk about the promises of God and anxiety, what it looks like for Christians to entrust themselves to the Lord at night, along with his book, Anxiety Knowing God’s Peace (P&R, 2019)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What it’s like to struggle with anxiety.
- In what way perfectionism can cause anxiety.
- How Christians should address anger, irritability, and frustration in their lives.
- A brief overview of Philippians 4.
- What it looks like for Christians to entrust themselves to the Lord at night.
- How the promises of God can help Christians address anxiety in their lives.
- What it looks like to relax in the Lord.
- Why it’s important to remember the Lord’s past activity and continual activity in our lives.
- How to counsel those facing anxiety.
- The place of the local church in helping those who struggle with anxiety.
- Learn to be a compassionate, caring, and Christian friend.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.