On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Owen Strachan discuss how parents can help children navigate the challenges of transgenderism, what it looks like practically to leave behind the snare of homosexuality, advice for pastors and Bible teachers on addressing the challenge of transgenderism, along with his books with Gavin Peacock, What Does the Bible Teach About Homosexuality and Transgenderism? (Christian Focus, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Christians should respond to the gay Christian interpretation of Scripture.
- Advice for those struggling with and aiming to overcome a homosexual lifestyle or homosexual feelings.
- What it looks practically to leave behind the snare of homosexuality.
- How the Genesis 1-2 lovingly help confront the transgender worldview.
- In what way transgenderism is an old heresy Gnosticism and how biblical manhood and womanhood speak to the challenge of transgenderism.
- What are some of the best ways Bible teachers and pastors can address the challenge of transgenderism.
- Advice for parents in helping their children navigate the challenges of transgenderism in public schools.
About the Guest
Owen is Associate Professor of Christian Theology at MBTS in Kansas City, Missouri. He is the Director of the Center for Public Theology at MBTS and author of ‘Reenchanting Humanity: A Theology of Mankind’.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!