On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Owen Strachan talk about helping Christian parents and pastors help children and Christians develop a biblical worldview, what mature Christian conversations look like, along with his new book, Reenchanting Humanity: A Theology of Mankind (Christian Focus, 2020).
Sponsored episode: This episode of Equipping You in Grace is sponsored by Christian Focus. To see their latest releases in theology, biblical studies, and reference books please visit http://christianfocus.com/. Get 15% off of your order at checkout by using code equippingingrace (no spaces, all lower case) at checkout.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why anthropology is the major issue of the 21st century
- How pastors and parents can help children develop a biblical worldview that stands against evolution and for a biblical worldview.
- The best way for Christians to respond to the spiritualizing of sexuality.
- How Christian couples can help equip their children on the subject of transgenderism.
- Why we don’t drift into holiness in the Christian life.
- The purpose of family worship centered on the Word of God.
- Some tips on being intentional in family worship.
- How we as Christians help those transgenderism, a transpersonal worldview.
- What neopaganism is and how it is a major competitor to the gospel today.
- Using technology to serve our work but not to rule our work.
- Why recovering a biblical understanding of patience is critical to having mature Christian conversation and discipleship.
- Biblical desire, union with Christ, and mortification of sin.
About the Guest
Owen Strachan is Associate Professor of Christian Theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri. He is the Director of the Center for Public Theology at MBTS and author of ‘Reenchanting Humanity: A Theology of Mankind’.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.