On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Owen Strachan talk about helping Christian parents and pastors help children and Christians develop a biblical worldview, what mature Christian conversations look like, along with his new book, Reenchanting Humanity: A Theology of Mankind (Christian Focus, 2020).
Sponsored episode: This episode of Equipping You in Grace is sponsored by Christian Focus. To see their latest releases in theology, biblical studies, and reference books please visit http://christianfocus.com/. Get 15% off of your order at checkout by using code equippingingrace (no spaces, all lower case) at checkout.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why anthropology is the major issue of the 21st century
- How pastors and parents can help children develop a biblical worldview that stands against evolution and for a biblical worldview.
- The best way for Christians to respond to the spiritualizing of sexuality.
- How Christian couples can help equip their children on the subject of transgenderism.
- Why we don’t drift into holiness in the Christian life.
- The purpose of family worship centered on the Word of God.
- Some tips on being intentional in family worship.
- How we as Christians help those transgenderism, a transpersonal worldview.
- What neopaganism is and how it is a major competitor to the gospel today.
- Using technology to serve our work but not to rule our work.
- Why recovering a biblical understanding of patience is critical to having mature Christian conversation and discipleship.
- Biblical desire, union with Christ, and mortification of sin.
About the Guest
Owen Strachan is Associate Professor of Christian Theology at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, Missouri. He is the Director of the Center for Public Theology at MBTS and author of ‘Reenchanting Humanity: A Theology of Mankind’.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!